Every business needs SEO irrespective of its size or budget. With good SEO, you can draw higher traffic to your website and convert them into leads.
But, trends in SEO are continuously evolving. So to rank higher, you need to adopt the latest best practices in SEO marketing. In this article, we bring to you the top 10 SEO statistics of 2020 to help you boost your website rank on search engines.
1. SEO is the number 1 source of traffic to your website, so make sure that it claims the lion’s share in your digital marketing budget and efforts! A study by BrightEdge has looked at numerous websites and has analyzed that 51% of B2B and B2C traffic comes from organic search, while paid search and social media draw in 10% and 5% traffic respectively.
2. In 2019, Google accounted for 75.34% of desktop search traffic. It is subsequently followed by Bing at 9.97%, Baidu at 9.3%, Yahoo at 2.77% and Yandex at 1.19%, making Google the most preferred search engine among users. Since Google is the most popular search engine, in order to draw more traffic, your strategy should be to try to rank higher on Google first.
3. Google processes around 5.14 billion searches per day. Thus, 79,456 searches are made in Google per second. Another curious part is that the search rate in Google is increasing very quickly. In 2019, around 92.7% of search queries were conducted through Google. Thus, once again, Google dominates the search engine market and you better pay heed to your website rank on Google.
4. A study by HubSpot has shown that websites that publish blogs get better marketing results. Blogs draw 55% of more visitors and leads to 434% more indexed pages. Thus, companies should regularly publish blogs to have a better ranking in Google. Remember to write informative, detailed and in-depth blogs for your readers as the average blog on the first page of Google SERP contains about 1,890 words.
5. 75% of visitors will not scroll and move to the second page of search results. Thus, securing a rank in the first page will not only attract more visitors but will also get you more leads and conversions.
6. If you can rank at the top on the first page of Google, you will see that the Click-through Rate (CTR) will suddenly rise – that’s 30% of all user clicks to be precise! The top five results get around 67% of the total clicks.
7. It was noted in 2019 that 52% of online traffic came from mobile and now Google too prioritizes your website for higher ranking if it is mobile responsive. So, optimize your website for mobile users because 95% of organic search traffic on Google comes from mobile.
8. Organic searches are always powerful and they perform better than paid results in terms of generating leads and conversions. An important statistic to remember is that an organic search gets 94% more clicks than any paid ad on the search results.
9. If you are looking to boost your search engine ranks, create videos. Repurpose the content of your existing blogs into videos because videos increase traffic by 157%. You can also place your videos on YouTube and with more comments, shares, views and likes, you can get a higher ranking on YouTube. It was reported that by the end of 2019, 85% of internet viewers in the US came from videos and the number is expected to rise in 2020.
10. In the present digital age, voice search is an important part of search engine rankings. Voice search enabled devices like Amazon Echo, Siri, Google Assistant and Alexa have become an integral part of our daily lives and 50% of all internet searches come from voice search. Thus, by 2020 voice search will become an important part of SEO. Long-tail keywords will play an important role in upgrading your content for voice search.
We hope that these powerful 10 SEO statistics of 2020 will help you in your search optimization efforts!
Kprise was set up in 2009 with the intent to provide enterprise-technology solutions to all kinds of organisations regardless of budget, industry, and size. Kprise has special expertise in the unique challenges faced by non-profit organisations and is able to provide technological solutions that are powerful, affordable, and extremely user-friendly. Connect with a member of our team or request a free demo using our Contact Form.